Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Monsters for your daily routine!

If there's one thing I love more than faux fur, it's vintagy stuff like powder puffs.  So, I've combined my two loves in these fuzzy MONSTER PUFFS!!







They're stuffed with this awesome silky polyfill I found at my local fabric shop.  It doesn't bunch up so it's easy to work with.  The faux fur is from Mendels (http://www.mendels.com/fur2.shtml), which is really an awesome site!  I also found some great plastic eyes that I glued onto the ribbon handle in lieu of a rhinestone or similar.

An action shot:



I also cooked up a homemade scented shimmer powder to use with them...I was looking at scented powders, and shimmer powders, and realized they're never sold as one thing.  So, I went to my local organic market and got some rice flour and tapioca powder, mixed it with some lip and eye safe mica, and scented it with some scented oils using the cotton ball method (I'll make a tutorial on that if anyone wants!).  I found some cute sifter jars to put it in:



I'd have loved to have gotten a picture of the shimmer, but it's very subtle and doesn't show up on camera well.  It smells amazing, though!


You can find all these and more on my Etsy - Cutiemonster

Special thanks to my friend Jessikah, who modeled the puff for me!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment